Steamed veggies immersed in cheese will get your kid’s eating their five or more servings of veggies a day. Chicken broth is added for healthy bones and organic butter and cream cheese add healthy fat for growing bodies.
Vegetables au Gratin
- 1/4 c organic butter
- 3 tbsp organic cream cheese
- 1/4 c organic chicken broth
- 1 c organic cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- Additional shredded cheese (for topping)
- Steamed vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, kale, spinach, etc.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in cream cheese and broth and stir until completely combined and smooth.
- Reduce heat slightly and add cheese, stirring until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and pour over steamed vegetables into a casserole dish, top with additional shredded cheese and bake until cheese is bubbly.